Mad Theatre of Tampa has been entertaining Tampa audiences since 1999. We think part of our success is due to our reputation as a high-quality community theatre in the greater Tampa Bay area. The other part is the amazing seasons of shows that we bring to you at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts. We are happy to once again split our upcoming season between the Shimberg Playhouse and the Jaeb Theater. We end our 2016-2017 season with Stephen Sondheim’s classic musical comedy Company, June 15 to July 2, 2017 in the Shimberg Playhouse. In the Fall of 2017, we kick off the new season with the recent audience favorite from Broadway, Disaster!. Earthquakes, tidal waves, infernos and the unforgettable songs of the 70’s take center stage in this side-splitting homage to classic disaster films, October 5th to the 22nd at the Shimberg Playhouse. We return to the Jaeb Theater for Green Day’s American Idiot. Green Day’s powerhouse album is brought to life in this electric-rock musical of youthful disillusion. For the fans of our extended and sold-out production of RENT, The Rocky Horror Show or bare, a pop opera, you will want to be in the audience for this production April 5th to the 15th. We close out the season July 12th to the 29th back in the Shimberg Playhouse with It Shoulda Been You, Broadway’s wild musical farce with blushing brides, nervous grooms, overbearing moms, unexpected guests and plenty of crazy twists and turns.
2017-18 Season Tickets
Save on the price of individual tickets as fees are already included. $116 is discounted 20% per person for a season of shows when purchasing them online. mad Theatre of Tampa season ticket holders save a lot on ticket fees, enjoy free exchanges plus they also get into non-ticketed mad Theatre of Tampa events for free.
Single Ticket Comparison
Single tickets are subject to the following Straz Box Office charges:
- $26 for Individual Tickets at Shimberg & $37 for Individual Tickets at Jaeb
- 15% plus $3.50 per order handling fee for phone and online ordering.
- $33.4 for Shimberg x 3 = $100.2
- $46.05 for Jaeb premium seating
- $146.25 Total
- 8% for purchases at the Box Office window.
- $28.08 for Shimberg x 3 = $84.24
- $39.96 for Jaeb premium seating
- $124.20 Total
Become a mad Hatter
mad Theatre of Tampa offers a limited number of mad Hatter season ticket packages that show how much you mean to us for your ongoing support as you get stuff that other people cannot even purchase separately.
For $200 per person, you receive:
- Season tickets for all mad Theatre of Tampa shows, plus entrance to special events, community outreach – everything that we do during the season.
- RESERVED seating to all of productions. While the Shimberg Playhouse is open seating, as a mad Hatter, you get to tell us where you want to sit and you will find a mad Hatter sign on your seat when you arrive. Do you prefer the front row, the fifth row or the last row, we got you covered! At the Jaeb, you get first choice of the premium seating located in the first two rows.
- A mad Hatter lanyard to wear proudly at our shows which will serve as your entry to non-ticketed events.
- A 10% discount on anything at our merchandise table when you show your lanyard.
- Specialized emails to you from the artistic team and board containing information about the show before you show opens.
- A free poster from each of our shows when you show your lanyard at the merchandise table.
- Of course, a portion of your gift is tax-deductable.
Straz Center for the Performing Arts
1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place Tampa, FL 33602
The Straz Ticket Office Is Available
Sun. Noon - 6 p.m.
Photo Credit: Designs by Vito: @dbvito
The Barrymore Hotel, located in Tampa’s Downtown near Tampa Heights and directly across from the Straz Center, features comfortable accommodations and soon-to-be refreshed event space perfect for social events, office parties and holiday parties. Our Sales Team will gladly provide a tour of our banquet space and help you start planning your gathering! Afterwards, enjoy a meal at the Continental restaurant and lounge, the brand new eatery located adjacent to our hotel. The Continental is a “mid-century modern” inspired concept featuring dishes made famous by some of the most historically iconic hotels and restaurants across America alongside a classic martini bar showcasing finely-crafted cocktails.
Enjoy Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3PM-7PM for $2 off specialty cocktails, $4 Wells and $5 house wines and drafts – the perfect spot for a drink and dinner before shows at the Straz!
When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. We hope you choose mad Theatre of Tampa by entering M A D Theatre in the search field at smile.amazon.com. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com